It’s no secret that my kids love toys. Especially little ones, so collectibles are a big hit in my family. When we were asked to do an Awesome Blossems review, I knew my children would be happy to agree. These little Awesome Bloss’ems are suitable for children aged 5 and over, although my two younger ones (aged 2 & 4) got the full experience as well and loved every bit! With 26 Bloss’ems to collect, there’s more than enough to go around!
It’s great to open up a blind bag and find a little collectible inside, but as a parent I do appreciate when there is a bit more to it, in order for the experience last a bit longer, which is what Awesome Bloss’ems are trying to do. The process of making your Awesome Bloss’ems toy grow is pretty straight forward, and the actual process of growing them is great fun and really exciting.
- Included in each Awesome Bloss’em are:
- 1 pot with a dome and lid
- Pack of sparkle soil
- 1 leaf spoon
- A selection of press-out decorations
- 1 seed containing the doll
- Instruction sheet with collector guide
THE AWESOME PROCESS
Remove the outer packaging and take out the seed, remove the tab on the seed and pop it into the plant pot. Sprinkle the sparkle sand which is really sparkly and pat it around the seed. Using the very sweet little leaf spoon water the soil and seed and watch what pops out of the top! You begin to see which doll appears and you can start to identify her by her crown! Very sweet indeed.
There’s 26 Awesome Bloss’ems to collect from five different themes. So Wild, Fierce Petals, Posh Florals, Wild Florals & Sweet Chic! You can collect rares, super rares, or even an ultra-rare doll with a real diamond tiara! And this is where the dolls get extra awesome… There are 3000 Ultra rare up for grabs worldwide! Which means you might find a REAL diamond in one of your Awesome Bloss’em!!! Will you be lucky enough to grow one?
Once your doll fully blooms, pick her out of the pot like a real flower. Then pose her to sit in the leaf spoon – it doubles as a leaf hammock when you place it on the lid! Set up a terrarium on top of the lid and decorate with the colourful chip art, then cover it with the glittery dome to display your doll!
WHAT DO WE THINK?
This is what we liked:
– They are cute little toys, and as collectible are very much the ‘in’ thing at the moment, I’m sure will be a hit
– The actual process of growing them is great fun and really exciting. The surprise element is brilliant.
– Would make a great pocket money gift or stocking filler or similar
– We like that there are several characters to collect, and that we could mark them off as they opened
– I love how there is a little scene which you can make once your doll has blossomed.
Anything we weren’t so keen on?
– The dolls themselves are really quite small, less than 5cm in fact and I was expecting something a little more, if I am honest.
– There is limited playability. Once the doll has been removed from the seed, the base and leaf can be used, but there is little else that can be done with the doll. It sits on the shelf, looking pretty, like collectibles should.
– As usual with these toys the packaging is a bit of a pain. I can never really understand just why so much single use plastic is needed especially when these days we are trying to be more environmentally aware.
Overall, we had great fun opening and experiencing the anticipation as these Awesome Bloss’ems would pop up and surprise us. Mostly, it was a hit but I wouldn’t say that it’s a toy that the girls came back to again and again, which is a shame. Would we buy more? Maybe, but I think perhaps our children are at an age where they prefer larger toys that they can do a variety of play with, instead of collecting. However, if you have a child that adores collectibles or surprise toys, then they will love this.
WANT TO WIN?
Just Fun Toys is giving us five (Yes, FIVE!!) Awesome Bloss’Ems to give away to one lucky winner! And if you find that rare diamond, you remember who led you to this point, Mama! Hahaha!
Entering is easy:
- Like and Follow Just Fun Toys on Instagram and Facebook
- Answer the following question in the comment section, on our Facebook or Instagram post of this giveaway
- Which Awesome Bloss’ems collection is your FAV?
3. Share! And tag both @justfuntoys and @mama_to_the_power_of_4
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Competition is open to SA residents only. Competition is not affiliated with Facebook or Instagram. T&C’s apply. Decision is final and we reserve the right to disqualify winners should entry mechanisms not be followed. Winner will be chosen by random draw on Thursday 12 Decemeber 2019. Products are not redeemable for cash. Winners of any @JustFunToys or @PrimaToys competitions in the last 6 months will not be eligible to win.
* Please note we were kindly sent the items free of charge in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. All thoughts are my own, and honest experience with my children.